Sunday, October 1, 2023

Post #8: Invasion of Privacy

     After watching the TED Talks, I've been further informed on how technology is used to invade people's privacy, but also how some technology protects people's privacy. Every action we make online is permanent, even if we delete it, the information is still out there, and that is a big issue.


    As I talked about in my last post about the internet, it's become a major part of our everyday lives. We use technology to not only access the internet but also to communicate with others from any distance. Most Americans carry their phones with them everywhere they go; thus, they're almost always being tracked. Anything they do or anywhere they go is turned into data which is collected by the government.

    The main problem I have with this is that we have little to no control over this data collection. I don't even think we can access this data, and even if we can, it's most likely a very difficult process to acquire. At the very least, one of the TED Talks showed me that some of my data is encrypted such as my phone calls and text messages so I can feel better about communicating with others that way. Still, so much data is collected every day, and not knowing what is or isn't being collected is horrible. The last thing I want is to someday see information about me that I thought was private to appear in a place for the public to easily see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #12: Final Post - How and Why Technology is Part of my Life

      From the moment I wake up, almost every day the first thing I do is reach for that rectangular object and turn on the screen to wake m...