Thursday, September 21, 2023

Post #5: EOTO Reaction #1

     After seeing everyone's EOTO presentations, what I found the most interesting was the invention of the television. I found television interesting because of how it influenced other technologies. While I don't really watch television anymore, the stuff I do watch like YouTube videos wouldn't have been possible without the invention of television. Many of the devices and monitors I use to watch videos came about because of television. 


    Television was invented by Philo Farnsworth. The process of inventing the television took place from 1922 to 1928 while he attended university while in high school, before dropping out when his father died. In order to complete his invention, Farnsworth partnered with George Everson and Leslie Gorrell. This led to the creation of the first television as well as the first electronic television transmission in 1926. Farnsworth then worked on perfecting the invention before finally showing it off to the press in 1928.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #12: Final Post - How and Why Technology is Part of my Life

      From the moment I wake up, almost every day the first thing I do is reach for that rectangular object and turn on the screen to wake m...